Did you know that a cockroach can hold its breath for up to 40-minutes? If you’ve ever thought that a cockroach was dead only to see it crawling around again a short time later, perhaps it was only holding its breath! That’s just one shocking cockroach fact we want to share with you. Are you prepared to find out all the things that you never wanted to know about cockroaches?
· A cockroach can survive for up to one-week without a head. Cockroaches breathe through pores on their body, therefore are not dependent on their heads to breathe.
· Cockroaches can survive being submerged in water for up to 30-minutes.
· A cockroach can run up to three miles in one hour. For such a small creature, that is a lot of speed.
· The American Cockroach is a beer drinker! Studies show that this cockroach and perhaps others, are attracted to beer with hops inside them.
· The world’s largest cockroach lives in South Africa and is six inches in length. The average cockroach is between ½” – 2″ in length.
· There are more than 4,000 different species of cockroaches found around the world.
· Cockroaches can live up to 30 days without food but can survive just one week without water.
· The American cockroach may climb on your face at night and eat eyebrows, eyelashes and other hairy parts of the body. They also enjoy pet fur from time to time, putting the dogs and cats at risk. So scary, but so true.
Now that you’re pretty much creeped out after learning these cocky facts, schedule service with a cockroach exterminator nyc to ensure that you’re not sharing the home with this pest. Don’t assume that the home is cockroach-free simply because you cannot see the pest. They’re nocturnal and prefer to come out at night and hide during the day. And hide well they do. Call an exterminator and leave cockroach worries behind.